Monday, March 16, 2015

Shout Out to Grubby's Games


I want to give a shout out to a new local business, Grubby's Games. Grubby's Games is a small used video game store located in the Pearl Street shops in Wellsboro PA. Grubby's Games buys, sells, trade and will even sell video games on consignment. There's a wide selection of games from Atari to Xbox1. I walked my nephew over, and saw one of my old favorites, Pitfall by Atari. I loved that game.

My nephews have already fallen in love with the place. He brought in several of his games that he's grown tired of, and traded them in for credit. He was really happy with the prices he got. Much better than in bigger stores like Game Stop would give. The store will also do cash, but it's less than store credit of course.

The owners are also knowledgeable about video games. I'm old enough to remember when Pong was hot, and I still love video games. I loved arcades, and loved the Half Life series on computer, and I've taken more than one arrow to the knee, but I'm better with books.

Grubby's Games opened March 14th, but there's already a good assortment of games. The owners started online, and the business outgrew their home, and they needed more room. Justin and his wife are regular customers of the bookstore, and I told him about this location that was for rent. I'm glad it worked out for him.

I've always liked the Pearl Street Shops, but they don't get the foot traffic they should. If you are unfamiliar with Pearl Street. It runs parallel to Main St. Just turn onto Pearl from East Ave. and go to the first stop sign. You can see the building on your right.

There's a municipal parking lot right there. If you walk in from the parking lot entrance, just go straight ahead. You can't miss it. If you walk in from the Pearl St. entrance. Go straight past Stewart's Optician and it will be on your left.

Now go get your game on...






No comments:

Post a Comment