Wednesday, March 13, 2019

You Can Help Rural Literacy



"The Totally Ninja Raccoons" is a series of early chapter books about raccoons who become ninjas because they already have the masks.

I'm a co-owner of From My Shelf Books. I've been a bookseller for 13 years. I noticed that if a child doesn't start embracing reading around 2nd grade that they start falling behind their peers.

My solution is the Totally Ninja Raccoons. Short chapters, humor, adventure, and one picture per chapter keep kids feeling a sense of engagement and accomplishment as they plow through these stories and ask for more!

This grant would help me reach more rural schools. I could do more school visits, but the costs of time and gas interfere. This would help. I also could create more Totally Ninja Raccoon books with the help of my illustrator, and reach more children in rural schools.



CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO BE TAKEN TO THE WEBSITE TO VOTE!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for your hard work in doing this and hope you kept going. Would not be surprised if some schools did not let you in. Would love to help out with funding but noway to donate online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. No, some schools won't be interested, and that's too bad. But I do what I can do. I've already done several schools and continue to do more. If you would like to donate. Here's the link to my latest book project You can decide to get a book and donate it to a school or library, or just contribute https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/huck-finn-bookstore-cats-picture-book/x/12534588?fbclid=IwAR0DWK13RWJf0Bb3T51sui59hvzpSDx-jOU9MLvuU3JuoOFDqKQEhHPrIuY#/

    ReplyDelete