Friday, April 25, 2014

Don't Irritate the Writer

Kevin Coolidge


You have to be careful around writers. Sure they don't look dangerous, but they don't forget anything. If you aren't careful you just might end up in their novel, where they will kill you. Some might even put you in a zombie novel. Just so they can kill you twice.

Sometimes, you want to be in a story. Steve Alten is a writer who often runs contests where if you win, you will be a character in the book that he is working on. It's fun to be reading along and see your name.

I love Steve's books about Meg, a giant, prehistoric shark. He's also did a book called The Loch that is about one of the most controversial cryptids ever, the Loch Ness Monster.

He's currently working on the sequel to The Loch. He held one of his contests, and I won! The book isn't out yet, but I'm looking forward to see if I'm going to get eaten.

I know my character is a lawyer. So, there's a good chance I will, but I have to wait and see. If you haven't read the first one, we have it at From My Shelf Books & Gifts, or you can buy if from us online here...


No comments:

Post a Comment