Tuesday, February 3, 2015

First Annual Harry Potter Book Night!


You've probably heard of the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I've read all the books and have seen all the movies, but I wasn't a fan from the very beginning. As a bookseller, I love introducing people to books they haven't read, but I also get introduced to books I have not read yet.

I come from a family of voracious readers. My sister has a degree in elementary education and began reading the Harry Potter series when The Sorcerer's Stone came out in America. She loved it and told me I had to read it. Now, I read books of all ages, because a good book escapes genre, escapes age group, but as a reader, I always have lots to read.

She kept telling I should read it, and I finally did. I loved the story and how J. K. Rowling told the story. I was lucky because by the time I read Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban had just come out, and I got to read the first three back to back. Once a new book was released I'd buy it and share it with my sister.

Harry Potter has a special place in my heart for me, because the fourth movie, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was also the first date I went on with my wife, and the book release of the final book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was the first big event we had at From My Shelf Books. People came dressed as their favorite Harry Potter characters and we had a huge scavenger hunt.

It was when we were in the basement location at that time, and there were so many people that we couldn't fit them into the store. It was a bitter sweet moment because the books were finished, though there were still movies to come, but now the movies are finished, but our love of Harry Potter is not diminished.

From My Shelf Books & Gifts will be joining in with Harry Potter fans around the world to celebrate the First Annual Harry Potter Book Night! We'll hold our party on Friday night, Feb. 6th. Welcoming people of all ages, from 5 to 8pm, for special games, quizzes, activities, and more! Costumes encouraged!



No comments:

Post a Comment