Friday, February 27, 2015

Fundraiser Event for Brian Nestor


I've know Brian for a long time. I was saddened when I heard he was diagnosed with cancer, but I wanted to share a story about him that hopefully make you smile and say, "Yep, that's Brian."

If you know Brian, you know he's stubborn. He doesn't give up. You want that in a man and in a marine. Brian always has been competitive and a strong guy. I remember Brian challenging me to arm wrestle one night in a local bar.

I didn't really want to, but he did say he'd buy me a beer if I won. Hey, nothing wrong with a free beer. It's my favorite kind, and I don't lose often at arm wrestling, especially at that time when I was powerlifting several days a week.

I wrestled Brian with my right arm and beat him, and then he wanted to do another round with our lefts, which is fine as I am left-handed. Brian wanted to go again, and we did. Three times was enough as I could only drink so much beer.

So, I beat Brian arm wrestling what does that story show? Brian is a fighter. He's stubborn and he didn't want to give up. Sure it was just two guys in a bar arm wrestling, but sometimes it's a little more...

Come out and support Brian this Saturday at the Fireman's Annex in Wellsboro. There's a vendor show starting at 2PM and spaghetti dinner from 4 to 6PM. There will be door prizes and good food. Come check it out.





No comments:

Post a Comment