Sunday, June 25, 2017

Is Your Membership Up to Date?


When I was growing up in Wellsboro, there wasn't a bookstore. You could get Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew at the Paxon's 5 & 10. The Acme had a shelf with a few mass market paperbacks, there was a used bookstore for a short time, but that was it.

The nearest bookstore was at the Arnot Mall, and it was always the first store I went to and sometimes the only one. I remember I had a membership, and it gave me 10% off. It was a lot in those days before the internet where everyone strives to undercut everyone else.

When my wife and I started From My Shelf Books & Gifts we wanted to build the type of store we wished were here when growing up. We wouldn't just have new books, or used books, or books, but games, gifts, and an awesome membership.

The membership program we developed wouldn't just give a 20% discount on new paperback, but 25% on new hardcovers, 30% off board games, and allow members to trade in their books for store credit.

There are some books I just won't give up, but some books I only am going to read once. For example, once you read it, a mystery just isn't a mystery anymore, but you might want to keep that history book for your collection, and there are some books I read every few years. The Forever War by Joe Haldeman, I get something new every time I read it.

So, for those people who like to hold on to their books, we developed the rewards program. Every dollar you spend is worth a point, and you can redeem points for special purchases dollars off. For example, 100 points is equal for ten dollars off! You can use these points on books, games, or custom orders.


Bring the family—it’s a family membership—and rack up the savings! You don't have to live in Tioga County to be a member. We have lots of people who visit that become members too. Membership pays for itself fast!



Get new books or used, gift or craft items, games, plush, and more for 20% to 30% off! From My Shelf Books & Gifts, 7 East Ave. Wellsboro.



No comments:

Post a Comment