Thursday, May 15, 2014

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Kevin Coolidge

Graduation time is upon us, and it's often hard to know what I should get my favorite graduate. Money is always appreciated, but it seems impersonal. What I really want to do is impart wisdom, but wisdom comes from experience and experience comes from bad choices.

I love to get books, but it's too easy to be over serious. Graduation should be fun. I loved Dr, Seuss books growing up, and Oh, the Places You'll Go! came from a graduation speech he gave, and the last book published before his death.

It's a great choice for your high school or college graduate. Life is a balancing act, but there should always be room to be a little silly. If you have some fun along the way, you will be successful. As the good doctor said,"Will you succeed? Yes, you will indeed. (983⁄4% guaranteed.)"

No comments:

Post a Comment