Monday, May 5, 2014

Z is for Zamboni

Kevin Coolidge

I don't watch a lot of sports. It's probably because growing up in a rural area. I had the choice of watching the sport on TV, or I had to settle for high school sports. Hockey wasn't an option. I never thought I would enjoy so much.

I had the chance to attend a professional hockey game in Denver Colorado. I won a pair of tickets to see the Avalanche, and invited a friend who had played hockey in college. I got to see my first hat trick, hockey fight and of course the Zamboni.

Frank Zamboni invented the motorized ice-resurfacing machine in 1949. That same machine is still used in ice arenas all over the world. Mr. Zamboni was inducted into the United States Figure Skating Hall of Fame in 2000 and the World Figure Skating Hall of Fame in 2006.

Z is for Zamboni is a children's ABC book perfect for your future hockey player. Vibrant illustrations bring the action alive. A to Z poems describe the basic elements of the sport making it accessible to even the youngest hockey fans.

One of Wellsboro's local authors, Vicki Locey (V.L. Locey) is a hockey lover, and she's recently been published in a smokin' hot, new romance anthology, featuring hockey players. The collection of short stories is called, "Seduced by the Game", and has some really big names in contemporary romance.

Perhaps, more exciting, this book is being backed by the NHL. Vicky will be at From My Shelf Books in Wellsboro Pennsylvania May 10, 2014 to promote and sign her new book, from noon to 3PM. Fight the good fight, and read...




Vicki's book available at From My Shelf Books. Come by and get it signed!











No comments:

Post a Comment