Saturday, September 22, 2007

"Soon I Shall Be Invincible!!!"

Kevin Coolidge

Have you ever noticed how history so often ends with naked men in the desert? Alexander the Great died stark, raving mad, at the age of 30, in the desert. General George A. Custer was found after Little Big Horn, naked, except for one sock, one boot, and an arrow through his penis[It's true, ask your history teacher]. Maybe, it is only men who seek to change the flow of destiny that end up naked in the desert? But I’m getting ahead of myself. Let’s start at the beginning….

I grew up loving comic books and it’s obvious that Austin Grossman author of, Soon I Will Be Invincible, did too. The realm of heroes and villains gets an irradiated dose of angst and realism in this quirky debut novel from Grossman, who also works as a video-game design consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment