Friday, March 17, 2017

Reading Gives Your Child An Advantage



Helping your child embrace reading, gives them an advantage their entire life. I wrote my children's series with that goal. The Totally Ninja Raccoons are specifically geared towards reluctant readers, though I have been finding that they are enjoyed by most children. Not every child enjoys ninjas, raccoons, cats, or Chinese food, but wait long enough and I'll write a book that they enjoy.





I love this photo because in upcoming book, The Totally Ninja Raccoons and the Secret of Nessmuk Lake, I have a Scottish Fold speaking in Scottish burr, the Loch Ness Monster, unicorns, and haggis. I did my research on Scottish dialogue, and I am looking into having it test read by a genuine Scott. I have a lot of Scottish ancestry, but I wanted it to be authentic.

The Totally Ninja Raccoons and the Secret of Nessmuk Lake, will sixth in the series. You can check out the first five right now. Drop by From My Shelf Books & Gifts and your child can meet me. Meeting an author humanizes the experience.

Writers are just people who tell stories, and meeting an author can show children that they too can be writers. It can also give them more of a connection with their favorite authors. I remember every writer I have ever met and the books they have signed for me. The experience has become a part of my personal history in a way that most creative work never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment