Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Wendy J. Reber Book Signing


From My Shelf Books & Gifts will host local author Wendy J Reber with her first book, “A Long Legged Life” Saturday April 15th from 11AM to 1PM, 2017. This novel takes place in rural New York and Pennsylvania with side trips to other states, and states of mind.

Eva Kenier’s fairytale childhood in the 60’s and 70’s starts out as a sheltered babbling brook that flows into turbulent rapids and waterfalls. “Scenes in my book range from funny to tragic; mundane to provocative; juvenile to harshly serious.” Eva’s journey, while under anesthesia, covers personal heartbreak and triumph with a transformative message that Reber hopes will connect and resonate with her audience.



Wendy and her husband John have lived in Wellsboro since 2005. The author states, “The inspiration I receive from our natural surroundings and quiet slow pace lends itself to creative writing, and I am thrilled to sign with Ms. Christensen and Fifth Ink Publishing to publish my work. While recuperating from disc fusion surgery in my neck, I took advantage of the down time and it was my way of punching a clock and keeping a routine with purpose.”

Author’s note: This book is intended as a timeline of memories that surfaced for Eva in a dream sequence. This novel is inspired by true events with names and places changed to protect the innocent—and the not-so-innocent.




No comments:

Post a Comment